Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Brave Enough. Words To Live By,, My Edited Version,, Of Course

I have this terrible affliction.. It's a bibliophile thing... like obsessive. There is the smell,, the musty, powdery ashen parchment.. it's intoxicating just a tactile feast. Then you get the extra added bonus of that wealth of adventure, knowledge, and escaping story desire and it's euphoria I cannot resist.

When it comes to the challenging moments of my life, those little bumps along the way that cause me to trudge and shuffle, I turn to the poetry flavored feminist written chorus columnist-seasoned manifestos.

This is my new go-to;



This little green wonder is my hard copy to Gloria Gaynors anthem,,, you know the one; "I will survive," every jilted girls hashtag for getting over being disposed of. But, as with all personal rites of passage you customize a little. Accessorize, monogram, throw in a few extra expletives, drop an F-U to the waning fist pumping moments, spare a tissue drop a threat and a promise save yourself a wrinkle and rehydration requirements.Salt stains after all.

So, I buy a book I think can add a bit of stiffness to my tired bowing back, and then I spice it up.. just to taste,, as a former sailor I find starching, corner creases, a gigline, and a potty mouth help immensely.

Here is my edited version of an almost perfect book from the start;













Medicine, veterinary medicine especially is fraught with insecurity, imposter syndrome paralysis, fear, suicide, and getting through the day, never mind safely to retirement takes grit, courage, dedication and a strong overwhelming sense of purpose. For me it has been a series of challenges so incredibly devastating I have learned to fight for what I believe in every single case every single day. I also stay true to one thing above all else, my own path. So, if you need a little bolster of conviction buy yourself the outline of the story you are walking (or stumbling and trudging) toward your journeys happy ever after add indelible adjectives and your own sparkle, whatever it takes to get out alive and still like you best of all on the other side.

That's Brave Enough for us all.

If you like content that is animal centered and medicine flavored visit me at my other social media stops;

Pawbly.com the place for free pet healthcare advice. We share stories, experiences and open access to a worldwide pet community.

Jarrettsville Vet, my clinic, where miracles and hope are alive and never based on a price tag.

Our Jarrettsville Vet Facebook page is full of the faces of the smile of each day and the people who make the magic real.

If you are looking for case based examples of the medical and surgical cases of my day to day veterinary life see my YouTube channel.

If you are a pet loving person please join the Pawbly.com fan base. We need you!








No comments:

Post a Comment