Saturday, March 28, 2015

Cat Dental Care. At Home Tooth Brushing Tips.

I made a video on how to brush your dogs teeth the other day. The first question that I was asked after it was published was about providing some tips for cats.

Now I am as honest as they come. I have four cats in my home, four at the clinic and I am as guilty as every one of my cat clients when it comes to brushing their teeth. It is awful, but it is true. The only thing that I do have going for me is that I check my cats teeth quite often..at least weekly. It is not half as beneficial as removing the accumulating plague and calculi that cause gum disease and tooth decay. I promise to do better.. we all have this day to make a difference in our tomorrows. No sense beating yourself up over the stuff you didn't do yesterday.

The biggest problem with all things in the cat care arena is the cat restraint and willing participant problem. The first video is about how to convince your cat to allow you to care for them, this is all about,

How To Restrain Your Cat.


The second video is on,

Cat Tooth Brushing At Home.


If you have a pet question, or would like a tip on how to care for your pet please let me know. If you have a pet question you can ask me, or the community at Pawbly.com.

You can also reach me on Twitter @FreePetAdvice, or at the vet clinic, Jarrettsville Vet in Jarrettsville Maryland.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for so quickly posting this after I asked about it. I had not thought of using gauze, or of just needing to clean the outside surfaces of the top teeth. This will be very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Laura,
      You are welcome! I am glad you like it and I hope it helps your kitty and others. Let me know if there are other questions that you have I'm sure that you are not alone and I appreciate you reading and the comment.
      Take Care,
      Krista

      Delete
  2. That cat doesn't look to thrilled to be your video example. From the looks of it, having your cat declawed would be a good idea. That or your hands are going to become a lot more red.

    ReplyDelete