American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) warns that pet parents should immediately take their dogs to a veterinarian or emergency animal hospital if their pets are displaying any of the following symptoms:
1. Severe bleeding or bleeding that lasts longer than 5 minutes
2. Choking or difficulty breathing, or continuous coughing and gagging
3. Bleeding from your dog’s nose, mouth or rectum; coughing up blood; or blood in his urine
4. Inability to urinate or defecate, or obvious pain when doing so (pay special attention to male cats who visit the litter box frequently, or seem to be in distress).
5. Eye injuries, this includes squinting, excessive discharge, rubbing the face/eyes, object seen in eye.