Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas To All!

I wanted to take a minute and wish everyone a very Merry Christmas!


It has been an incredible year for me. I feel blessed beyond my imagination.


I am immensely proud of my staff, and their incredible compassion. They remind me everyday why I do I what I do, and also why I love it so much. There isn't any place in the world that I would rather be than with my staff, in our clinic making magic happen. We get to touch the lives of so many amazing people, and be a part of their lives through helping their pets. It is an incredible responsibility and I am honored that our clients trust us with the health and care of their pets.


I have also been blessed to have been faced with many challenges. They have made me a better veterinarian, human being, friend, employer, and spouse. If I had to do it all over again I wouldn't change one thing. I would still be here at JVC with all of my incredibly talented friends.


Where else could a Border Collie with Addisons disease find a new home where she is not only loved but treated?


Or a kitten with PRAA get the surgery he needed, survive, thrive, and find a great caregiver?




How do I find an abandoned beagle at the end of my driveway and then find a home that even my beagle is jealous of? 



And how can we find a home not once, twice, but three times, for a Chihuahua with a small biting problem. Who now needs a cystotomy, but has a mom that not only loves her but is willing to keep her inspite of a health and behavioral problem?



 There are devoted, loving people here at JVC on BOTH sides of the counter.

 There are Christmas cards lining the front reception area, enough cookies to keep us energized until March, and a list of clients that I know I can call on at anytime of day or night to help us with any emergency we may face. My clients are a part of my family, I am grateful for you all, and I am humbled by not only your generosity but your trust.


I wish everyone a Merry Christmas! and I say a big Thanks for taking the time to read my stories. Thanks especially for leaving me feedbacks, and to Amy, thanks for being such a supportive fan.


But look out 2012! I have BIG plans for you!


with love to all of you, Krista

Here is how we spent our day.

Savannah taking her Christmas nap.


Charlie and Wren with a little "couch time."


Nothing beats a beagle nap.


Charlie with the best seat in the house.


The perfect end to a perfect day.


3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and yours! Looks like you all had a perfectly relaxing day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A question...

    I have three dogs, one of which is a one year old mini Dachshund. I have never considered pet insurance before but I am concerned about spinal issues with Finnegan as they seem all too common in doxies.

    We have money in the bank for typical pet care/issues but know facing a HUGE surgery/rehab bill might make us (my husband) question spending so much money. (Parents of three teens soon off to college/university.)

    In your opinion pet insurance worthwhile? I would go further and ask which company you respect most but since I am in Canada it might be moot.

    Thanks. Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, I emailed you a reply. If you didnt get it let me know. I can be reached at kmagnifico12@gmail.com.

    In a nutshell to the rest of you with the same question I will reply with, Please understand that pet insurance companies EXACTLY like human insurance companies are FOR PROFIT entities. They will not guarantee you coverage for anything. There are always loopholes, and they will ALWAYS be reluctant to pay for the big ticket items. So my honest best peice of advice is to have $1000 in a pet emergency bank account, and then add $30 a month for each pet that you have to that. Estimate average yearly pet costs are between $500 and $1000 per pet per year. SO, instead of spending $1000 on a pure breed puppy adopt a rescue for $150, and bank the other $850. That way you and you alone can afford and decide what treatment option YOU want to pursue. And if you are facing a difficult and expensive treatment plan ask for lots of options and chose what you can realistically afford, and then don't feel guilty or beat yourself up over it. Very few of us live with a limitless budget, Veterinarians are in the same boat, and we are happy to work with a plan that is best for everyone based on each pets and pet parents abilities.

    Also, I recommend CareCredit, in the event of an emergency. It is a health care based credit card that is very flexible with payback options and available to anyone with good credit.

    So, start your own pet savings account and be ready for the rainy days with that. But should you have a tsunami use CareCredit.

    Pet Insurance is a good option for those of you who have a tough time being regimented enough to save, or who have bad credit and won't be approved by CareCredit.

    If you have any questions ask.

    ReplyDelete